Re: silly question about rdf:about

From: Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Apr 2002 21:44:10 -0600
To: "R.V.Guha" <guha@guha.com>
cc: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>, www-rdf-interest@w3.org
> Uche,
>
>  If you are proposing that rdf:about is just a convenience that we might
> as well do without, then what you are proposing that every node in rdf
> (including property types) become blank/anonymous nodes. N3 does
> use rdf:about, only implicitly.

OK.  Now I'm even more confused.

I am saying that rdf:about is the serialization syntax for expressing the
subject of the statements in the description block (or description bag, if you
prefer).  I am certainly not arguing that we do away with it.  After all, if
we didn't have rdf:about, we would need some other way to specify the subject
of statements.

And how could anything I said be remotely construed as claiming that all RDF
nodes should be blank?

uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com               +1 720 320 2046
4735 East Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80301-2537, USA
XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management
Track chair, XML/Web Services One (San Jose, Boston):
http://www.xmlconference.com/
Latest article: Managing structured Web service metadata -
http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/webservices/library/ws-wsdlrdf/
Next presentation: XML, The Model Driven Architecture, and RDF @ XML Europe -
http://www.xmleurope.com/2002/kttrack.asp#themodel