RE: Bitzi File Metadata RDF Dump

From: <Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Sep 2001 15:23:34 +0300
To: GK@ninebynine.org
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

I was referring to it being a formal distinction. Not a useful
or necessary distinction (of which it is both).

I.e.

> [[[
> The phrase "URL scheme" is now
> used infrequently, usually to refer to some subclass of URI schemes
> which exclude URNs.
> ]]] -- (Last sentence of section 1.2)

> [[[
> ... the term "URL" does
> not refer to a formal partition of URI space; rather, URL is a
> useful but informal concept...
> ]]] -- (section 1.2)

I don't think we are in any disagreement here. Probably just
bad wording on my part.

Cheers,

Patrick

--
Patrick Stickler                      Phone:  +358 3 356 0209
Senior Research Scientist             Mobile: +358 50 483 9453