RE: Bitzi File Metadata RDF Dump

From: Peter Crowther <peter.crowther@networkinference.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Sep 2001 19:16:02 +0100
To: "'Sean B. Palmer'" <sean@mysterylights.com>
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
> From: Sean B. Palmer [mailto:sean@mysterylights.com]
> Changing a link in an
> HTML page is only a little easier than changing a URI in an RDF file.

Yes.  But that's not the big problem.

> Semantic Web code is meant to be geared to being able to express
> equivalence relationships so that all of this stuff is easy
> to update.

Assume I previously published some RDF that uses URLs prefixed
http://stable.door.org/....  Assume that someone else has also used my work
based there.  I somehow lose control of that domain and establish the same
information at http://stable.horse-has-bolted.org/....  The new stuff
contains equivalence relationships to the old.  I'd be much happier if I
could prove that these one-way, new-to-old equivalences were always
sufficient in an environment where some agents use only the old information,
some use only the new information, and some reference tangled webs of RDF
that use both.

I can sort-of see a way towards this, but can anyone prove it?

		- Peter