OntoRoadMap: ontology and semantic web Road Map

From: ASUN Gómez-Pérez <asun@fi.upm.es>
Date: Tue, 25 Sep 2001 12:27:37 +0200
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
The main goals of  Work Package 1 in Ontoweb are:
(1) to  produce an overview of current research and development
activities concerning ontologies and the semantic web,
and (2) an outline of main technical and scientific issues to be
addressed in the near future in the form of a Technical Roadmap.

As part of  Work Package 1 we are collecting  information concerning
ontologies developed by the community,
methodologies, tools and languages for building ontologies, and
ontology-based applications.

We have built  a web application (OntoRoadMap)  in order to allow the
community to register their ontologies, methodologies, tools and
languages for
building ontologies, as well as applications in areas like
the: semantic web, e-commerce, KM, NLP, III, etc.

You can use that application at
http://babage.dia.fi.upm.es/ontoweb/wp1/OntoRoadMap/index.html

In the future we will improve it with new tools for updating the
information, for searching and retrieving all the material.
You can use that  application with the Internet Explorer,
and we are working to adapt it to Netscape.
The first thing to do is to login. and the system provides you a
password.

This site is open to all your suggestions.
If you have comments, please mail us them.

Looking forward for your cooperation,

Asunción Gomez-Perez