RE: QNames in attributes yet?

That's *very* disappointing to hear.

Do you then consider the other changes in the revamped DTD to
be less backwards compatible? Since support for QNames already
must exist in RDF parsers, it would not require much effort to
extend that support to select attribute values, No? And the
benefits would be significant, and well worth the cost IMHO.

One of the most frequent complaints I hear about RDF serializations
(and often speak myself ;-) is the burdensome use of long URIs
to define RDF and RDF Schema instances.

Yes, one can resort to ENTITY hacks as one form of relief, but I
think that the RDF serialization would be far more palatable to
the population at large if such a mechanism were adopted.

Complex instances and Schemas using controlled vocabularies are
a real pain to write (and read).

Is adding support for QName attribute values really going to rock
the boat that much?

What is the feeling of the RDF community about this, particularly
those implementing systems?

Cheers,

Patrick

--
Patrick Stickler                      Phone:  +358 3 356 0209
Senior Research Scientist             Mobile: +358 50 483 9453