Re: QNames in attributes yet?

From: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@upclink.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2001 00:08:43 -0500
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org, www-rdf-comments@w3.org
To: Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com
On Wednesday, September 19, 2001, at 06:43  AM,
Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com wrote:

> Just wanted to inquire whether allowing QNames in attribute values
> which presently take URI References is being seriously considered
> in the revamped XML serialization.

I do not think it is likely (however much I might like it) as it
would be a major backwards-incompatible change to the syntax and
doesn't seem to solve any serious issues.

--
       "Aaron Swartz"      |              The Semantic Web
  <mailto:me@aaronsw.com>  |  <http://logicerror.com/semanticWeb-long>