Semantic Web

[freed from spam trap -rrs]

  Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2001 10:15:33 -0400 (EDT)
From: Gilson Teixeira <gilson@portalmercantil.com.br>
  To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
  Cc: <aswartz@upclink.com>,
        "Gilson Teixeira Jr." <gilson@portalmercantil.com.br>

I am from Brazil and I have just got my MA in Hypermedia Studies at the
University of Westminster, London.

I am writing an article about the future of the Internet. I am using the
term "Man-Internet Symbiosis" inspired in

a paper written in 1960 by the great scientist J.C.R. Licklider. I am also
using Vannevar Bush  As We May Think

published in 1945 to sustain my ideas about the Symbiotic Internet.

I am not a programmer even with some technical background but I am
interested in put together pieces of ideas,

theorems and formulas that I believe will form the next step of the Wide
World Web.

I have found a very good link between Autonomy s search engine, based on
Baynes theorem and Shannon s Information theory.

In his book Weaving the Web, Berners-Lee talks about the Semantic Web when
Computers will become capable to analyzing all the

data on the Web; the content, links and transactions between people and
computer . Do you know the Autonomy s approach to the subject?

Is it necessary to develop a language to achieve such task? Could you
explain me the different between the thoughts?

I really appreciate your help.

Best Regards,

Gilson Teixeira

MA in Hypermedia Studies