Re: Question about rdf:value versus element content data graph repres entation

Hi Patrick,

On Sat, 8 Sep 2001 Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com wrote:

> I have a question that I'm hoping someone with more insight to
> the RDF spec than I have can provide.
>
> My (present and possibly incorrect) understanding of the difference
> between the RDF XML '<myproperty>somevalue</myproperty>' and the
> condensed variant '<myproperty rdf:value="somevalue"/>' is that these
> are only syntactic variants defining precisely the same knowledge

I don't believe this to be the case, although I agree the old Model and
Syntax spec is a little vague about the role/purpose of rdf:value. Is
there a particular section of the spec that gave you this impression?

A number of apps that I've seen do use rdf:value and an intermediate
resource when they want to associate, for example, data typing or language
tagging meta-information with literal values in a way that shows up in the
graph.

Dan