RE: CYCLES IN CLASS/PROPERTY HIERARCHIES

From: Manos Batsis <m.batsis@bsnet.gr>
Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2001 00:01:33 +0300
To: "Vassilis Christophides" <christop@ics.forth.gr>
Cc: <peter.crowther@networkinference.com>, <tolle@dbis.informatik.uni-frankfurt.de>, <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Yes, that was my point :-)
Since you wish to disjoint the two classes, using a higher level class
for common properties (at least in this case) would make sense, it's the
natural way one can model these.

With every respect to you and the rest of the people posting on this
thread, I believe the whole discussion on the cycle subject is slightly
missplaced. It would be far more interesting or even pragmatic to
explore how cycles can serve us as a construct and document them for
further development (meaning simply the semantics of the language),
instead of thinking ways they can be harmfull when IMHO nobody is going
to use them likewise.

Kindest regards,

Manos Batsis