RE: CYCLES IN CLASS/PROPERTY HIERARCHIES

From: Manos Batsis <m.batsis@bsnet.gr>
Date: Fri, 26 Oct 2001 15:06:34 +0300
To: "Vassilis Christophides" <christop@ics.forth.gr>
Cc: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Hi Vassili, Karsten,

[...]
> We tried to clear out what this exactly means for RDF.

Personally, I just cannot even imagine a case where a cycle would be
useful, but this is just the "current" situation.
It is just another available construct and although I agree that *it
can* become a semantic mess, I am sure that it wont do any harm and that
it wont be used that way.
On the other hand, it may be used to provide some new abstraction
(whatever that may be) in the future...

Kindest regards,

Emmanuil M. Batsis (Manos)