Re: a new way of thinking about RDF and RDF Schema

From: Thomas B. Passin <tpassin@home.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 23:28:56 -0400
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
[Sergey Melnik]

> > You can't make all the tags be property names unless you do some serious
> > surgery on the XML.  (It does appear that you are doing some surgery in
> > your fusion document, but I can't seem find out just what you are doing.
> > specification of what is going on would be very useful.)

Yes, order could be a problem.  When I came up with the edge-labeled
approach I just posted about, I depicted order by the clockwise arrangement
of edges attached to a node (I wasn't thinking about RDF at the time), but
of course that means nothing in RDF.  One could use a sequence node (if we
were still going to have some kind of containers), or use edges labeled
"_1", etc., but that starts to get pretty clumsy, doesn't it? Hmm, maybe we
need those containers after all.

Cheers,

Tom P