Re: a new way of thinking about RDF and RDF Schema

From: Peter F. Patel-Schneider <pfps@research.bell-labs.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 21:10:16 -0400
To: melnik@db.stanford.edu
Cc: bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com, www-rdf-interest@w3.org, simeon@research.bell-labs.com
From: Sergey Melnik <melnik@db.stanford.edu>
Subject: Re: a new way of thinking about RDF and RDF Schema
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2001 16:47:00 -0700

> The above suggestion does assign meaning to any well-formed XML
> document. As explained in "syntax.html", by default every XML tag
> encountered during processing is considered to be a property name.
>
> Sergey

How can you handle

<foo>
 7
 <bar>8</bar>
 <baz>
   <bay>9</bay>
 </baz>
</foo>

You can't make all the tags be property names unless you do some serious
surgery on the XML.  (It does appear that you are doing some surgery in
your fusion document, but I can't seem find out just what you are doing.  A
specification of what is going on would be very useful.)

peter