RE: RDFCore Update

Yes. That's one approach. But not necessarily the only or
most optimal approach for all circumstances.

IMO it should also be possible to assign types to values in
other ways, and there should be some official equivalence
logic defined for these variant methods.

One would presume that all of the following three examples
define precisely the same knowledge regarding data types:

--

<rdf:Description rdf:about="urn:foo:bar">
  <abc:someProperty>

--

<rdf:Description rdf:about="urn:foo:bar">
  <abc:someProperty>dataValue</abc:someProperty>

<rdf:Description rdf:about="abc:someProperty">
  <rdfs:range rdf:resource="x:dataType"/>
</rdf:Description>

--

<rdf:Description rdf:about="urn:foo:bar">
  <abc:someProperty rdf:resource="x:dataType:dataValue"/>

--

There are valid reasons why each of these options should
be allowed and ideally, these would have a consistent

Regards,

Patrick

--
Patrick Stickler                      Phone:  +358 3 356 0209
Senior Research Scientist             Mobile: +358 50 483 9453