Are there any Semantic Web projects for university calendars?

From: Stephen Cranefield <SCranefield@infoscience.otago.ac.nz>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 17:31:13 +1300
To: "'www-rdf-interest@w3.org'" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
My university is undertaking a review of its official "calendar",
the (currently paper-based) book that contains the university
rules and regulations, the structure of the degrees available
and information about all courses offered.

The terms of reference for the review include the issue of
"hard copy versus electronic formats".  I would like to make
a submission suggesting they consider a Semantic Web approach
(at least for part of it as a pilot project).  Can anyone give
me pointers to any existing research or even fielded examples
of the use of ontologies and semantic markup for this type of
information?

- Stephen