Re: extracting statements from XML (again)

From: Sandro Hawke <sandro@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Oct 2001 22:39:03 -0400
To: Mark Nottingham <mnot@mnot.net>
cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

> I think it's possible to get most of the benefit of extracting RDF
> statements from XML with a fairly simply syntax, and have written up
> a straw-man proposal:

I've mentioned this before here, but in case people missed it, I've
been following a somewhat different track toward a similar goal with
blindfold grammars [1].  Some preliminary experiments have worked
well, but I don't have a working demonstration right now.  For people
not using a powerful suite of tools to manage XML Schemas for them,
this approach may be easier.  My approach also allows microparsing,
which I suspect will be very useful for extracting the fundamental
relationship information from many XML documents.

(Eventually, these two approaches converge in an generalized grammar
ontology, but that's farther down the road.)

   -- sandro

[1] http://www.w3.org/2001/06/blindfold/grammar