RE: Namespaces wihtout "#" Was: Few CWM Bugs

I've been following this thread for a while now trying to consider how
and if this is related to TopicMaps and indeed whether that can help in
understanding what we are trying to express.

My perception of the issue was not necessarily to do with topic
occurrences but is related to one of the issues that TopicMaps solves
very well. This is the distinction between identities that serve as
identities for 'resolvable resources', using what ever resolution
function you choose, and identities that are 'just' identities for some
concept or thing.

As Tim pointed out, a person is not a web page but a web page is a
resolvable resource with identiity and thus it would be useful if this
was somehow indicated. TopicMaps allows Topics/ Resources to have 2 main
forms of identity (ignore the topic naming constraint) - the
SubjectIndicatorReference and the ResourceReference. Both are intended
to be unique identities but the resource reference also indicates to us
that this Topic/ Resource is in fact resolvable to some electronic
artifact.

If this is an issue in RDF then solutions can be seen as either needing
to be fundamental - i.e. RDF has two kinds of resources (resolvable and
unresolvable) or annotational, there is some agreed property that
indicates this resource is resolvable.

I hope I have got the essence of the discussion and haven't commented
inappropriately.

kind regards,

graham

Graham Moore