Re: Namespaces wihtout "#" Was: Few CWM Bugs

From: Pierre-Antoine CHAMPIN <champin@bat710.univ-lyon1.fr>
Date: 26 Nov 2001 15:16:45 +0100
To: "Roy T. Fielding" <fielding@ebuilt.com>
Cc: Piotr Kaminski <piotr@ideanest.com>, www-rdf-interest@w3.org
On Mon, 2001-11-26 at 00:50, Roy T. Fielding wrote:
> Yes.  The important thing is that, once the distinction is clear and the
> mechanisms of the Web are free to manipulate everything as representations,
> the actual semantics of what it means to be a resource is completely
> hidden behind the abstract interface, and therefore not limited by any
> preexisting notion of what is within the scope of identification.

I'm not sure I fully understand that last syntax.

I am ready to accept that the *actual* resource is abstract, and that I
can only get representations of it with my web browser.
However if I want to make a link from my homepage to some interesting
page on the web, what means do I have to know *what* I'm actually
pointing to ?...

For example, most W3C documents provide, at their beginning, the "this
version" URL, by contrast to the "last version" URL. More generally, how
coul I get the "most specific URI" for the sequence of 0's and 1's I'm
currently reading in my browser ?
New HTTP header field ?

  Pierre-Antoine