Re: Cutting the Patrician datatype knot

From: Uche Ogbuji <uche.ogbuji@fourthought.com>
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2001 20:57:39 -0700
To: Patrick.Stickler@nokia.com
cc: Roland.Schwaenzl@mathematik.Uni-Osnabrueck.DE, pfps@research.bell-labs.com, www-rdf-interest@w3.org, joint-committee@daml.org
> Oh... OK, perhaps you've not encountered a URV before.
>
> C.f. http://www-nrc.nokia.com/sw/X_Values_URI.pdf
>
> (and note that it's a very rough draft meant simply as
> food for discussion...)

Quite interesting, and I think a great exploration.  However, you might want
to discuss the relation between your draft and the data URL scheme

http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2397.txt

Which is actually supported by some current user agents, such as Netscape
navigator.

4735 East Walnut St, Boulder, CO 80301-2537, USA
XML strategy, XML tools (http://4Suite.org), knowledge management