RDF vs. Topic Maps/XTM?

From: Jens Jakob Andersen, PDI <jens.jakob.andersen@post.dk>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 13:14:04 +0100
Cc: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Hello.

As I grow more and more knowledged (and thus realize that I know less
and less, which is good), I understand that Topic Maps/XTM and RDF has a
lot in common.

What I would like to see, is that ISO and W3C go together, and kinda
agreed on the XML Schema for implementing the different theories, so
that we at least got a common and interchangeable implementation syntax,
whether it was used for ISO Topic Maps or RDF Semantic Web use.

Am I wishing for utopia here, or would it be good, like the ebXML SOAP
move?

Wishing for a unified future, with plenty of intelligent interpretations

JJ