use of rdf for meta-data based data capture

From: Dmitri Colebatch <dim@bigpond.net.au>
Date: Thu, 22 Nov 2001 12:45:08 +1100
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
hey list,

firstly... archives at w3.org dont seem to be working atm, so if this has
already been discussed, sorry (o:  a pointer to relevant threads would be
great.

I've just been given a requirement for a client program to collect
structured data from users based on a meta-data set from the server
indicating what data was required and so on (basically html, but for a
rich client).

I'm thinking that especially for the data coming back from the client, it
would be a prime candidate for rdf... something along the lines of:

"Dmitri Colebatch's" "answer" to the question "How old are you" in the
form "User personal information" is "26"

I've put in quotes what I see as the RDF descriptions.  I should say that
I have only read about rdf, and not used it as yet, but am quite
comfortable with the whole meta-data model.

I suppose what I am asking is (a) Is this an appropriate use of RDF, and
(b) Are there any projects already doing this?

cheers, and thanks for any help
dim