Re: RDF web site

On Mon, 2001-11-19 at 15:02, irn bru wrote:
> I would like to ask you if it is possible to build a web site
> by using only RDF for defining the data (and meta data of course)
>
> As RDF documents are well formed, we could apply on them
> an XSL stylesheet so it seems possible to have a page
> made exclusively with RDF

Of course it is feasible. However, it does not seem very appropriate to
me:
- XSL stylesheet are designed to tranform a given *syntactical* form
into another one
- on the other hand, there is many different syntactical forms to
express the same RDF meaning

Hence you would have to use a "canonical" syntax to write your RDF, in
order to keep compliant with your stylesheet. Quite cumbersome.

IMO, a better solution is to use a dedicated XML Schema or DTD to build
your web site, including all together data and meta-data,
then use a stylesheet to output the data in HTML/XHTML/whatever_format,
and the meta-data in RDF (XML syntax/n3/whatever syntax).

  Pierre-Antoine