Re: Example problem with QNames and RDF was: Re: QName Problem Isn't One

From: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@swartzfam.com>
Date: Tue, 08 May 2001 18:18:52 -0500
To: Jonathan Borden <jborden@mediaone.net>, RDF Interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Jonathan Borden <jborden@mediaone.net> wrote:

> Now I would like a counter example demonstrating where making this change
> breaks something that currently works.

I'd be happy to -- it breaks my "says" namespaces. An example:

<rdf:RDF
  xmlns:says="http://logicerror.com/rdf-says"

<rdf:Description rdf:ID="foo">
  <says:Plainly>Your suggestion breaks my example.</says:Plainly>
</rdf:Description>

</rdf:RDF>

Currently this produces the triple:

<#foo> <http://logicerror.com/rdf-saysPlainly> "Your suggestion breaks my
example." .

after your suggestion it would be:

<#foo> <http://logicerror.com/rdf-says#Plainly> "Your suggestion breaks my
example." .

By changing the resulting predicate, you have changed the entire meaning of
my statement.

The namespace is thoroughly documented at:
  http://logicerror.com/rdf-says