RE: RDF Media Type

At 01:17 PM 4/23/01 +0100, Lee Jonas wrote:
>Just a quick question: why _application_/rdf+xml and not _text_/rdf+xml?
>After all, isn't RDF human readable as well?

A quick out-of-context reply (I've not read the proposal yet).

The feeling among MIME folks is that text/... should be used only when the
information is generally suitable for presentation to a human.  For
example, it is felt that text/html was a mistake (should have been
application/html) because most HTML is really not readable to most people.

So application/rdf+xml seems fine (if a new MIME type is required).

#g

Graham Klyne
GK@NineByNine.org