Re: Mentographs a go-go

From: "Danny Ayers" <danny@panlanka.net>

> Look what you've done now Seth, even TimBL's at it :
>
> http://www.w3.org/2001/04/roadmap/

Well, to be honest, I doubt that my efforts have even come on TimBl's radar
screen.   There has been a long tradition of representing knowledge with
labeled directed graphs starting (perhaps) with Charles Sanders Pierce. I
think John Sowa was the first to have popularized them, see [1].  But for
the record my mentography was heavily influenced not by Sowa's work, but my
Shank's Conceptual Dependency diagrams and was developed around 1978 when I
started working on CyberMind [2].   I discovered Sowa's and Pierce's work
two decades later around the time I published [3].

[1] http://www.bestweb.net/~sowa/cg/
[2] http://robustai.net/mentography/cmap_vs_sem.gif
[3] http://robustai.net/ai/symknow.htm

Seth