Re: Problem with the list?

Uche,

It may be because Fourthought.com's nameservers are both on the same
subnet, and it only lists one MX server. This configuration isn't
recommended on the Internet, as a loss of connectivity to this one
site will effectively remove you from the net for the duration of the
outage. Having your authoritative nameservers distributed will solve
this particular problem, and having a secondary MX server will
increase your mail reliability further.

Cheers,

Registrant:
FourThought (FOURTHOUGHT-DOM)
   4735 E. Walnut St.
   Ste. C
   Boulder, CO 80301-2537
   US

   Domain Name: FOURTHOUGHT.COM

   Administrative Contact, Billing Contact:
      Ogbuji, Uche  (UO96)  uche.ogbuji@FOURTHOUGHT.COM
      FourThought LLC
      3355 Sam Houston
      Ft. Collins , CO 80526
      (970)481-0805
   Technical Contact:
      Olson, Mike  (MO4706)  mike.olson@FOURTHOUGHT.COM
      FourThought LLC
      2116B MacArthur Rd
      Waukesha , WI 53188
      (414)807-5644 (FAX) (414)513-2883

   Record last updated on 25-Jul-2000.
   Record expires on 27-Apr-2001.
   Record created on 27-Apr-1998.
   Database last updated on 13-Mar-2001 08:38:39 EST.

   Domain servers in listed order:

   NS.FOURTHOUGHT.COM		204.144.146.184
   NS2.FOURTHOUGHT.COM		204.144.146.186

mnot:/common/u0/mnot> dig fourthought.com mx

; <<>> DiG 8.3 <<>> fourthought.com mx
;; got answer:
;; flags: qr aa rd ra; QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 1, AUTHORITY: 1, ADDITIONAL:
2
;; QUERY SECTION:
;;	fourthought.com, type = MX, class = IN

;; ANSWER SECTION:
fourthought.com.	1D IN MX	10 mail.fourthought.com.

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
fourthought.com.	1D IN NS	ns.fourthought.com.

;; ADDITIONAL SECTION:
mail.fourthought.com.	1D IN A		204.144.146.185
ns.fourthought.com.	1D IN A		204.144.146.184

;; Total query time: 109 msec
;; FROM: mnot.sanmateo.akamai.com to SERVER: default -- 172.23.1.10
;; WHEN: Tue Mar 13 10:01:00 2001
;; MSG SIZE  sent: 33  rcvd: 103

--
Mark Nottingham, Research Scientist