Re: TM + RDF was Re: Again: Anonymous Resources and literals

On Mon, 12 Mar 2001, Jonathan Borden wrote:

> From Steve and Michel's excellent presentation at the RDFIG F2F, I think
> that perhaps the most fruitful integration between topic maps and RDF is not
> in the area of syntaxes (do we really need yet another syntax :-) but rather
> for this _exact_ type of processing, that is how to 'merge' URIs
> representing anonymous resources when we have discovered that we are really
> talking about the same thing.

Right, and this is maybe a (tiny) argument why anonymous resources
should remain anonymous: you can merge two nodes and don't have to
decide which URI you want to refer to them with.

> What would be really useful (to me) would be an integration of the topic map
> processing model into RDF and this would perhaps be best accomplished at or
> aside the level of DAML+x
>
> -Jonthan

Tel +44(0)117 9287163 Fax +44 (0)117 9287112 RFC822 jan.grant@bris.ac.uk
I shave with Occam's Razor.