Re: Again: Anonymous Resources

Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net> wrote:

> I don't understand the use of giving IDs to anonomous nodes for use external
> to a single communication .. we'll just have more cyber jibberish floating
> around.  If you want to add information to an anomous node, just say what
> qualifies it again... example:

Because XML is a tree and RDF is a graph and you need some sort of
identifier to connect the graph... i.e.:

<#Aaron> a wn:Person;
  :name "Aaron Swartz";
  foaf:mbox <mailto:me@aaronsw.com>.

Now I can say:

    <http://purl.org/rss/1.0/> dc:contributor <#Aaron> .

Now you could flip it around and make the RSS spec as the anonymous node,
but the anonymity has to stop somewhere. ID provides a useful way to define
terms for "internal use" -- I don't see why we can't use it.

For a real-life example, see:

http://aaronsw.com/about.xrdf