Re: Proposed UML Interest Group

From: Sergey Melnik <melnik@db.stanford.edu>
Date: Fri, 09 Mar 2001 10:59:31 -0800
To: David Ezell <David_E3@Verifone.Com>
CC: "'xmlschema-dev@w3.org'" <xmlschema-dev@w3.org>, "'www-rdf-interest@w3.org'" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>, "'Dan Connolly'" <connolly@w3.org>
David,

I'd like to support your initiative. In addition to the applications you
mentioned, I see UML as well-established schema language that can be
used on the Semantic Web along with RDF Schema, XML Schema, DAML-O etc.
Webizing UML allows leveraging a broad spectrum of tools and existing
UML schemas. I while ago I took a crack [1] at setting up UML on top of
RDF and making it interoperate with other schema languages.

Cheers,
Sergey

[1] http://www-db.stanford.edu/~melnik/rdf/uml/