Re: Spec doesn't talk about two-valued relationships

Graham Klyne <GK@ninebynine.org> wrote:

> E.g. how is the following pair to be interpreted:
>
> <http://www.aaronsw.com/> rdf:is    bob:ChocolateLover;
>                           rdf:isNot bob:ChocolateLover.

But Graham, it doesn't necessarily have to be "interpreted". Just the
following:

<http://www.aaronsw.com/> bob:doesntLike :chocholate ;
<http://www.aaronsw.com/> bob:likes :chocholate .

will work just fine in parsers. It's true that rdf:type gets close to this,
but there is a general need for negation in this case, even without getting
into logic and all that. If we don't add these properties, I think we'll see
a ton of:

<http://www.aaronsw.com/> bob:chocolateLover "0" .

which is nowhere near as useful.

--