RE: RDF Triples Transport

From: Leigh Dodds <ldodds@ingenta.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Mar 2001 15:16:40 -0000
To: "Aaron Swartz" <aswartz@upclink.com>, "RDF Interest" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
> > If you're shipping around data then won't you need some other machinery
> > like identifying whether the data has been updated, how often it
> > might be updated, etc, etc.
>
> Perhaps, but I don't think that's really the use case we're looking at
> here...

OK.

> > If so, how about shipping this stuff inside an RSS feed?
>
> RSS adds a lot more structure than we'll have in this specific situation
> (i.e. not every triple will have a URI or a title) but I think
> that it could be useful for some other similar situations (like the
assert/retract
> system). I hadn't thought of that... Good connection.

Mightn't you want to associate a URI with the triple - to associate it
with a source?

I've had this thought at the back of my head for a while, that RSS might
be useful as a format for carrying all sorts of RDF payloads - and
particularly
for RDF database replication, etc.

Food for thought anyway.

Cheers,