Re: RDF Triples Transport

From: Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net>
Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2001 19:51:32 -0800
To: "Dan Brickley" <danbri@w3.org>
Cc: "Aaron Swartz" <aswartz@upclink.com>, "RDF Interest" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>, <barstow@w3.org>, "Dave Beckett" <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
From: "Dan Brickley" <danbri@w3.org>

> (tab separated, ugh: Why not just use ASCII instead of Unicode while
> you're at it?)

Why the ugh ?  What's the function of the file such that a simple ASCII tab
delimited format would not be be adequate ... it's low tech .. essentially
no programming ... available cross platform.  As an implementor why do I
need to program another parser interface when my tools read and write tab
delimited naturally.

> The <Statement> technique is tempting -- I started a writeup a while back
> with the idea of it being a potential note. I was stumped when it came to
> dealing with anonymous nodes; there are several conventions we might adopt
> and none seemed particularly appealing or obvious.

I agree.

>Also we'd need to do
> namespace declarations and language tagging properly...

I thought the namespace was part of the triple once it went through the
parsers.

Seth