Re: RDF Triples Transport

From: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@upclink.com>
Date: Tue, 06 Mar 2001 21:38:38 -0600
To: Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net>, RDF Interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
CC: <barstow@w3.org>, Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net> wrote:

> Why not just use a tab delimited file?
>
> subject TAB predicate TAB object CRLF
>
> It's far simpler and doesn't require anybody to write a parser, and the
> generator is triveal too.

1) It's not RDF or XML or any of that good stuff.
2) There's no way to identify whether the object is a URI or a literal.
3) Hmm... there is no three.

Hey, I was pushing for that but everyone said it had to be RDF. It'd be
trivial to add to my service though, if anyone's interested.

--
Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>|  SWAG: Semantic Web Agreement Group
  <http://www.aaronsw.com>   |       <http://purl.org/swag/>