Re: [Moderator Action] Could you pl tell me

From: Ralph R. Swick <swick@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 05 Mar 2001 09:43:23 -0500
To: Naveen K Bandreddi <nkb5171@omega.uta.edu>
Cc: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
At 07:16 PM 3/3/2001 -0500, Naveen K Bandreddi wrote:
> Dear Sir,
>   Could you please tell me what <s:> and <v:> stands for in RDF. I
>couldn't understand whether is it a syntax in RDF or it varies and what it
>actually specifies.Can I use <z:> or any letter instead of <s:> and <v:>.

Those are 'namespace prefixes' and follow the XML Namespace
specification.  http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-xml-names  Please refer
to that specification for the permitted characters in a namespace

The examples in section 2.2.2 of the RDF Model and Syntax specification
omit the namespace declarations; they would be the same as shown
in section 2.2.1.  No sample declaration of the 'v' prefix was shown
in the specification; this is certainly confusing.  This other namespace
was just meant to be different from the previous ones, showing that
properties from different namespaces can be mixed together.

I have added a note about this to the erratat document

Ralph Swick