RE: forest grammar/tree regular expression for RDF

From: Jonathan Borden <jborden@mediaone.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 23:46:34 -0400
To: <fmanola@mitre.org>
Cc: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Frank Manola wrote:

> This is an interesting notation.  I'd note that, unfortunately, the
> example of inference rules in Section 3.8 in
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xmlschema-formal seems to be in error (the
> conclusion below the line should also cite g2). This illustrates the
> important principle that the right formalism doesn't guarantee you'll
> write the rules properly!

there you go... of course the existence of arithmetic doesn't guarantee
you'll be able to add properly either :-)

the particular notation that caught my eye was actually the:

type description = Description[
		@rdf:ID[ID] | @rdf:about[URIref]
		]

notation which is a nice compact way of expressing XML patterns.

-Jonathan