RE: Where does RDF fit in with XQuery?

I tried something similar a couple of years ago, though not specifically
with classes of XML document. I built some RDF schemas to allow me to map
data in flat files to EDIFACT EDI elements. The idea was to be able to
reduce to a minimum the amount of translation our software had to do when
processing files (just in time and just enough) which might or might not be
physically EDI. Mappings can be quite complex, it is often not enough to say
that field x is equivalent to element y, you quite often end up with things
like "sum of all field x within structure z is equivalent to element y", or
"if field n has value foo field x is equivalent to element y". You can even
end up with mappings which depend on the contents and structure of other
documents to establish equivalence. Context, be it local or global, is so
important.

All the best

Mark Seaborne

Sterling Commerce