RE: Where does RDF fit in with XQuery?

If you want to assert relationships  [and check] between XML document
types you might wish to use our approach specifically designed for
this purpose ... like our assertion language and checker
http://www.xlinkit.com

Anthony

At 11:44 am -0400 22/6/01, Gary Zakon wrote:
>Libby,
>
>Thank you - this does help.  I do understand why you would want to query RDF
>using an RDF oriented query language vs. XQuery.  However, I still have a
>question that perhaps I can formulate better now:
>
>If RDF provides meta-information regarding the relationship between two
>different XML document types can I use this meta-information to help me
>formulate an XQuery that extracts information from the two related document
>types?  In other words, do I use RDF to assert relationships between XML
>document types that cannot be asserted using XML Schema?  My understanding
>is that XML Schema provides the meta-information for a single XML document
>type and cannot provide meta-information describing the relationship between
>XML document types.  RDF is for this purpose, correct?
>
>Does RDF meta-information ever include instance data from the XML documents
>being described?  Which use is more prevalent - providing meta-information
>regarding XML document types or providing meta-information regarding XML
>document instances?  Does this question make sense?
>
>Thanks again,
>
>Gary

Anthony Finkelstein (Prof.) 	| TEL: +44 (0)20 7679 7293 (Direct Dial)
University College London	| FAX: +44 (0)20 7387 1397
Dept. of Computer Science   	| EMAIL: a.finkelstein@cs.ucl.ac.uk
Gower Street,                	| http://www.cs.ucl.ac.uk/staff/A.Finkelstein
London WC1E 6BT              	| OFFICE: 109, Pearson Building
United Kingdom               	| PGP Key on request