Re: Storing RDF in a relational database

On Monday, June 18, 2001, at 04:16  PM, Danny Ayers wrote:

> I've had a look at the SWAP (I assume you're meaning the
> internals of cwm)
> but still haven't grokked what's going on with the _ids -
> perhaps you could
> help me with an example, what would go in the various fields
> with the (all
> too familiar ;-)example below.

Sure, my system spits out :

   context (id):
http://blogspace.com/rdf/swap/ns/2001-06-18/44/#_formula (1)
   subject (id): http://www.w3.org/Home/Lassila (0)
predicate (id): http://description.org/schema/Creator (0)
    object (id): Ora Lassila (2)

notation3.py defines these IDs as:

	RESOURCE = 0        # which or may not have a fragment
	FORMULA = 1         # A { } set of statements
	LITERAL = 2         # string etc - maps to data:
	ANONYMOUS = 3       # existentially qualified unlabelled resource
	VARIABLE = 4        #

The http://blogspace.com/rdf/swap/ns/2001-06-18/44/ is a made-up
URI to distinguish different entries (files/submissions) which
are stored in the database. This lets me do provenance-type
stuff, like looking up who said what and when.