RE: What to do about namespace derived URI refs... (long)

Yes, there is definite overlap in my thinking on HRNs and
the tag URI scheme, though I was unnaware of tags until
your reference (so clearly, it must be a logical and obvious
approach ;-)

The key point here is that (a) we use URNs rather than URLs
to identify namespaces and abstract resources, and (b) we
define the necessary mappings between a standardized URN
scheme and the various schema and serialization schemes
that might reify or reference those abstract resources
within a given system (i.e. XML Schema, RDF, etc.).

Cheers,

Patrick