RE: semantic web applications

From: Joe Kopena <joe@plan.mcs.drexel.edu>
Date: Tue, 31 Jul 2001 14:19:44 -0400
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org

> I am not interested in actually writing the rdf, what I would like is an
> application which can understand it, and make inferences / perfom actions
> based on the content of an anotated web page.

I have some work at [1] which uses Jess, a Java-based expert system ([2]),
to process DAML/RDF ontologies and data. I've had some success at using it
to receive DAML-S requests, process any associated knowledge, and respond (in
DAML). Other people have used it for processing DAML ontologies then answering
queries on that data from web-forms.

[1] http://plan.mcs.drexel.edu/projects/legorobots/design/software/DAMLJessKB/
[2] http://herzberg.ca.sandia.gov/jess/

--