Re: semantic web applications

From: Andrei S. Lopatenko <andrei@derpi.tuwien.ac.at>
Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2001 10:26:17 +0200
To: "Cromer, Deborah" <Deborah.Cromer@team.telstra.com>
Cc: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Dear Deborah
If you are interesting in extracting information from RDF and reasoning
I think you can use
SiLRI (Simple Logic-based RDF Interpreter) - Java-implemented logic-based
engine with RDF support (Frame-logic)
Look, please, http://www.w3.org/TandS/QL/QL98/pp/queryservice.html for
SILRI - http://ontobroker.semanticweb.org/silri/
Of course, Ontobroker (commercial)
SWI-Prolog system
Good article about it
Or parsing RDF using parsers such as Jena
S. Melnik's  parser somewhere at http://www-diglib.stanford.edu/diglib/ginf/
and then reasoning using Prolog engines and RDF query engines such as
If you are interesting in collecting RDF information scattered on web pages
RDF Crawler could be a good tools for you

Best regards
MSc Andrei S. Lopatenko
Vienna University of Technology
Extension Centre