Re: semantic web applications

Dear Deborah
If you are interesting in extracting information from RDF and reasoning
I think you can use
SiLRI (Simple Logic-based RDF Interpreter) - Java-implemented logic-based
engine with RDF support (Frame-logic)
Look, please, http://www.w3.org/TandS/QL/QL98/pp/queryservice.html for
description
SILRI - http://ontobroker.semanticweb.org/silri/
Of course, Ontobroker (commercial)
http://www.ontoprise.de/co_produ_tool4.htm
SWI-Prolog system
http://www.swi.psy.uva.nl/projects/SWI-Prolog/
Good article about it
http://www.xml.com/lpt/a/2001/07/25/prologrdf.html
Or parsing RDF using parsers such as Jena
http://www-uk.hpl.hp.com/people/bwm/rdf/jena/
S. Melnik's  parser somewhere at http://www-diglib.stanford.edu/diglib/ginf/
and then reasoning using Prolog engines and RDF query engines such as
http://swordfish.rdfweb.org/rdfquery/
If you are interesting in collecting RDF information scattered on web pages
RDF Crawler could be a good tools for you
http://ontobroker.semanticweb.org/rdfcrawl/index.html

Best regards
MSc Andrei S. Lopatenko
Researcher