Re: Attention Users! (2 in a series)

From: Nikita Ogievetsky <nogievet@cogx.com>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2001 19:30:46 -0400
To: "Aaron Swartz" <me@aaronsw.com>
Cc: "RDF-Interest" <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Aaron Swartz  wrote:

> <daml:Class rdf:ID="Car"/>
> <daml:Class rdf:ID="Person"/>
> <daml:Disjoint rdf:parseType="daml:collection">
>   <daml:Class rdf:about="#Car"/>
>   <daml:Class rdf:about="#Person"/>
> </daml:Disjoint>
>
> > You originally said that "rdf:about" is used here to denote
> > object versus
> > subject.
typo:
... "rdf:about" is used here to denote subject versus object.
> > And yet in the triples both <#Car> and <#Person> are subjects.
> > What am I missing?
>
> Err, rdf:about is used to denote subject, as opposed to object.

Aaron, thanks for correcting my typo again :-)

> daml:collection works in strange ways, and its contents are
> written as subjects, but used as objects.

Than can you say it again why the above syntax was choosen
instead of:

<daml:Class rdf:ID="Car"/>
<daml:Class rdf:ID="Person"/>
<daml:Disjoint rdf:parseType="daml:collection">
  <daml:Class rdf:resource="#Car"/>
  <daml:Class rdf:resource="#Person"/>
</daml:Disjoint>

thanks,

--Nikita.

Nikita Ogievetsky, Consultant
Cogitech Inc.  XSLT and  topic maps tutorials.
email: nogievet@cogx.com, phone: (917) 406-8734
http://www.cogx.com      ||     Cogito Ergo XML