Re: thinking about the formal model for RDF

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2001 13:04:41 -0700
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@w3.org>
Cc: Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>, Stefan Kokkelink <skokkeli@mathematik.uni-osnabrueck.de>, RDF interest group <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
At 03:14 PM 7/18/01 -0400, Dan Brickley wrote:
>It shows how RDF lets you mention a whole lot of resources

I guess the problem I (perhaps others?) are having is that "RDF lets you"
is dependent on how it's decided that "RDF" *lets* you do that? Or
anything. Where is it specifically granted the *right* to do that?

You could string together "mashed potatoes and string beans" but I wouldn't
have to eat them. How did the example string:
<Company>
         <owns>
                 <Company>
                         <owns>
                                 <Company>
get past (passed by?) something (parser, validator?) that has rules about
what it doesn't choke on?

--
Love.
                 ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE