RE: rdf namespace reserved or not?

Brian McBride wrote:

> Jeremy Carroll wrote:
> >
> > rdf:li AND rdf:_1 AS TYPES (reserving rdf: namespace)
> > ==========================
> > rdf-containers-syntax-vs-schema/test005.rdf explicitly allows rdf:li and
> > rdf:_1 to be types.
> >
> > <rdf:RDF xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
> >          xmlns:foo="http://foo/">
> >   <rdf:_1/>
> >   <rdf:li/>
> >   <rdf:li/>
> > </rdf:RDF>
>
> This is a bizarre corner case where the WG defined the equivalent triples
> primarily to make sure an answer was defined.  There was a choice between
> making it illegal and allowing it.  It's a marginal call.  There were no
> particularly strong reasons for going one way or the other.
>
> > & what about
> >
> > <rdf:Description rdf:Description="text string"/>
> >
> > whereas presumably the insanely equivalent
> >
> > <rdf:Description>
> >   <rdf:Description>text string</rdf:Description>
> > </rdf:Description>
> >
> > is still an error.

> I'm not sure what to make of the reference to insanity here.

> I personally would say they were both errors.  I'll refer these test
> cases to the WG so we make sure the result is clearly defined.  There are
> more too, e.g.

>  <rdf:Description>
>    <rdf:Bag>this one is really silly</rdf:Bag>
>  </rdf:Description>

> On a minor process point, this is the sort of thing that is probably best
> sent to www-rdf-comments@w3.org.

It is easy enough to exclude the RDF namespace from the typedNode pattern,
for example the regular expression:

<element>
	<not>
		<nsName ns=""/>
	</not>
</element>

excludes elements with no namespace. an <nsName
ns="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"/> could be easily inserted.
A properly defined grammar for RDF solves these sorts of issues.

-Jonathan