Re: Cursors face defining moments on the Web

From: Sean B. Palmer <sean@mysterylights.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jan 2001 10:29:16 -0000
To: "Joshua Allen" <joshuaa@microsoft.com>, <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
> the midwives delivering it may not even be aware of RDF.
> [...] Does this concern anyone?  Any ideas?

It is quite concerning, and something that I believe has risen from a lack
of accessibility of RDF, and the Semantic Web vision. Has anyone tried
explaining the Semantic Web in a few simple paragraphs? [1] It's not easy
to do because the definitions are so difficult. There's a lot still to be
learned, and communicating what we already have out there to the world is
so difficult because there aren't all that many popular uses for RDF right
now. It's not like the early Web where once a Web browser was built we were
more or less there; the Semantic Web is going to take a lot of
bootstrapping and hard work to get into place.
Having said that, I hope that W3C origination and backing counts for
something...

[1] My few simple paragraphs expanded into http://purl.org/swag/whatIsSW

--
Kindest Regards,