(unknown charset) Re: WebDAV Delta-V Working Group Last Call (fwd)

On Sun, 21 Jan 2001, Graham Klyne wrote:

> Am I missing something here?  The bit which I'd have thought was
> particularly relevant to RDF is the WEBDAV work, which is already a
> proposed standard (RFC2518).  I fail to see the XP relevance of this.
>
> The DELTAV pieces, as I understand, are those extra bits which allow
> multiple versions and incremental changes to be handled within the WEBDAV
> framework.

You're right; work on mapping WebDAV <-> RDF is
(also) important. However DELTAV itself is of interest to those of us
who want to model document lifecycles more accurately in RDF,
ie. reflect the events in a documents history and the states of the
different concrete copies of that document (varying filesizes etc).

Dan