Re: Proposal: variables, templates, and Stickey Cyber Molecules

From: Frank Manola <fmanola@mitre.org>
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 18:11:41 -0500
To: www-rdf-interest@w3.org
Frank Manola wrote:

> Seth Russell wrote:
> >
> > The restriction of access control restrains the uniqueness of the identity to the scope
> > of the local system.  It could get a bit philosophical at this point, hopefully we won't
> > need to and you will see where I am going;  otherwise we might need to wake up the late
> > Willard Van Orman Quine.
>
> I think the scope of uniqueness of identity and the scope within which
> that identity is known are separate things, as I tried to explain
> above.

I just realized I used "identity" when I was talking about
"identifiers".  Make that comment of mine above read:

"I think the scope within which an identifier is unique and the scope
within which that identifier is known are separate things, as I tried to
explain above."

I gotta get some more coffee.

--Frank