Re: data smushing

From: Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net>
Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2001 08:33:00 -0800
To: Dan Brickley <Daniel.Brickley@bristol.ac.uk>
CC: David Megginson <david@megginson.com>, xml-dev <xml-dev@lists.xml.org>, www-rdf-interest <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Dan Brickley wrote:

> eg I can write something in XML/RDF about Microsoft by identifying the
> company indirectly, ie. as "the wordnet:Company with a
> util:corporateHomepage of http://www.microsoft.com/". Schema annotations
> on the corporateHomepage relation can tell us to only expect at most one
> entity for any given value of that property. Better than waiting for
> "the" URI scheme for Companies...

Cool!   So couldn't we use that as a general purpose type (2) smushing rule
?

If
   [nodeX, propertyY, whatever] and;
   [nodeY, propertyY, whatever] and;
   [nodeX, rdf:type, nodeZ] and;
   [nodeY, rdf:type, nodeZ] and;
   [propertyY, atMostOneEntityValue, "yes"];
then
   smush (nodeX, nodeY).

What is the actual name of this "atMostOneEntityValue" property and in what
schema(s) does it exist?

Please excuse my impromptu linguistic contrivances.
Seth Russell