Re: rdf:about, rdf:ID and anonymous resources

From: Aaron Swartz <aswartz@upclink.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2001 14:52:48 -0600
To: <www-rdf-interest@w3.org>
Pierre-Antoine writes:

> Defining a fragment id allows the URI of the resource to
> return the description of the resource ; but the
> description is a PROPERTY of the resource, not the resource
> itself.

Yes, but most often we cannot return the actual resource over the Web, so
instead we provide something close to it, like a description or an
electronic version. This way, the URI actually points to a description of
the actual resource, which, for things like people, etc. is the best you're
going to get.

--
Aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>|           my.info
  <http://www.aaronsw.com>   |   <http://my.theinfo.org>