Re: Semantic Web Mining

Dear Ralph,

The temporary URL of the thesaurus is:

http://d-gauss.educ.cam.ac.uk

I'll post a permanent URL to the group when this is available.

The thesaurus was password protected until 5 minutes ago, but it is
probably mature enough to make it publicly available. The web version
allows you to install an 'mbutton' in your browser. You can then select
any word or phrase on a web page, press the button, and look it up in the
thesaurus.

We need to do more work on styling, but there is already a useful amount
of school level mathematics content. It is currently undergoing an
educational review by a group of mathematics teachers with the aim of
refining the language, illustrating the content further, and improving the
semantic linkage.

The original ontology was developed using Protege.

A small delegation from our project (The Millennium Mathematics Project)
is visiting MIT in March, sending out feelers as part of the
new Cambridge University/MIT link. Would it be sensible to arrange a
meeting there?

Mike

On Mon, 12 Feb 2001, Ralph R. Swick wrote:

> At 09:18 AM 2/12/2001 +0000, George Michael Pearson wrote:
> [to www-rdf-interest@w3.org]

> >We are currently building a mathematics thesaurus which will
> >be publishable in RDF form, ...
> >
> >We have a demonstrable version of the thesaurus, and are seeking partners
> >for further work and research - particularly on the RDF aspects.
>
> I would love to hear more.  Perhaps you could send a URI
> to the RDF Interest Group as well?  mailto:www-rdf-interest@w3.org
>
> -Ralph Swick
>  W3C/MIT

Mike Pearson		PLUS MATHS editorial 	http://plus.maths.org.uk