Re: does RDF require understanding all 82 URI schemes?

From: Seth Russell <seth@robustai.net>
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 15:21:13 -0800
To: Ross Judson <ross@ManagedObjects.com>
CC: David Megginson <david@megginson.com>, www-rdf-interest@w3.org, xmlschema-dev@w3.org
Ross Judson wrote:

> We should worry less about the representation of knowledge, and more about a
> stable and robust set of rules for resolving conflict and compositing
> multiple knowledge and meta-knowledge sources.
>
> I wonder what patterns of information would survive and prosper in this
> memetic greenhouse.

Probably information that gets encoded in such a way that many people and
machines will be able to use it.

Bill de hOra wrote:

> Untruths and mistruths.

Yeah sure, like there are such things.  Isn't the idea that there are truths and
untruths a throwback from the epistomic debates of the prior millilenum?  I
thought we had stetted that these things just don't exist; and that the only
things we can rely upon are effective procedures.

.... Truth is relative to the observer ...
Seth